Alexa has graduated with a Masters in Podiatric Medicine and is a member of the Australian Podiatry Association, Australasian Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine and Sports Medicine Australia.
Over the years, Alexa has played a range of sports including, netball, basketball, dancing and athletics, which drives her passion for sport and exercise related biomechanics and treating soft tissue injuries.
Having previously workéd at a general treatment based Podiatry clinic, Alexa is proficient in all areas of general podiatry, including nail care, fungal nail infections and callus/corn removal.
Alexa’s treatment plans are tailored to each individual patient’s needs and may incorporate:
- General nail and foot care (corns, callus, ingrown and fungal nails)
- Soft tissue therapy (dry needling and massage)
- Shockwave Therapy for chronic soft tissue injuries (muscle,tendon, ligament and fascia)
- Widespread strapping techniques
- Footwear advice
- Strength and stretching programs
- Custom orthotic prescription and fitting