He has frequently lectured to post-graduate podiatrists on sports podiatry topics, with a special interest in hypermobility related problems and leg length discrepancies. Andrew has recently lectured in Port Macquarie, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth on these topics.
Andrew first saw a podiatrist as a teenager due to severe knee pain while representing his high school in Track Athletics and Cross Country. Several other treatments had failed and after finally being referred to a sports podiatrist and receiving prescription orthotics, he was back to running pain free within a week. This motivated him to study podiatry after benefiting so dramatically and immediately.
Andrew is a long term member of the Sydney Striders running club and an occasional triathlete, having completed the Noosa Tri 5 times.
This enables Andrew to customise a treatment regime including:
- Treatment of foot and ankle disorders, including skin and nail conditions (blisters, callous, ingrown toenails- conservative care and nail edge resection if appropriate)
- Biomechanical causes of back, hip, knee, leg, ankle and foot pain
- Prescription of corrective foot orthotics (to fit sports and/or fashion shoes)
- Advice on appropriate stretching / strengthening and training programs
- Advice on each persons specific requirements in running shoes / football boots and other sporting footwear.
As a keen runner, cyclist and Army Reserve Infantry Officer, Andrew also has the insight and experience of over 20 years of private practice as a podiatrist, as well as over 20 years as a competitive runner (road and track up to state level).
Andrew has participated in sports as diverse as:
- Running & Track
- Distance Running & Cross Country
- Rock Climbing
- Thundercat Racing (5 x Australian Team)
Andrew has also been interviewed for foot related articles by publications such as The Sydney Morning Herald, Men’s Health Magazine, Good Medicine, Slimming & Health, & Cosmopolitan. He is a previous NSW AAPSM representative.
To make an appointment with Alan Bull, please phone: 02 9241 1577